Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to a WrestleVotes source, current plans call for Bobby Lashley to be involved in WrestleMania 37’s WWE title match. Miz is not currently in the plans for that match.
- Despite speculation based on reports Black Taurus replaced him in Impact’s plans, according to Fightful Select Impact was never going to have Sammy Guevara join Rosemary’s Decay stable.
- HeelByNature reports WWE was denied trademarks on Dominik Mysterio, Kay Lee Ray, Chelsea Green, A-Kid and others because the applications did not include the performer’s consent.
- Fastlane will stream on both WWE Network and Peacock in the U.S., per Wrestling Observer. The ad shown during Elimination Chamber was not referring to domestic and international carriers. The plan is for WrestleMania to be the first PPV exclusively available on Peacock in the States.
- Vice will air a Dark Side of the Ring: Confidential special on March 9, ahead of the third season premiere, says PW Insider. It will feature Conrad Thompson interviewing the show’s creators along with a recap of the first two seasons, and a preview of the new one. The site also confirmed season three will have 14 episodes, including one focused on Dynamite Kid.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.